*** I am so happy my Stylin' Girl: Kristen McMenamy post made it into Links à la Mode this week! So a big thank you to the lovely ladies over at IFB! Continue reading to find some amazing blog posts!
Fast Forward to Fall
Edited by: Florrie Clarke of Intrinsically Florrie.
The trends for the coming months were dictated back on the catwalks in February, but now as September draws closer it's time to get our teeth into them and have a good hard think about those all important autumn buys. Particularly seeing as while I type this the weather is strongly urging me towards a winter wardrobe.
This week's links both look to winter and bask in the remaining sun. We look at a fashion interpretation of the current oil spill disaster (intelligent or tasteless?), are inspired by gorgeous fashion illustrations and a chain bag DIY, debate the history of the 'prep' look and think about how all our choices determine our body shape.
Links à la Mode: August 16th
- a la modest: High-waisted jeans (a.k.a. mom jeans) are back in vogue!
- Beautifully Invisible: Steven Meisel's Water & Oil: Social Commentary or Tasteless Fashion?
- Beyond Fabric: On men bags
- Dramatis Personae: Gilda Su announce Revasseur & Pre-Fall 2011 Lookbook.
- Embracing Style: How to make your own chain bag!
- Fete a Fete: Review of Guerlain's new 68 Champs-Elysees fall 2010 makeup collection:
- For Those About To Shop: Katharine Hamnett is the mother of eco-fashion and believes consumers have the power to change the world
- Independent Fashion Bloggers: Can you Kickstart a New Career With Crowdfunding?
- Intrinsically Florrie: Dream dress and dream shoes- the fairytale look
- Kyoto Maiko: You Can't Buy "Prep," But You Can Own It...
- Miss Jones & Me: Roll into the Wild Woolly West: A focus on Fall transition pieces because the temperature can't drop soon enough!
- My Closet in Sketches: A hand drawn interpretation of the magic of white jeans (from the Gap men's department, to boot!).
- Vogue Gone Rogue: tuscan vineyards and teal rompers. A lighthearted outfit post inspired by Tuscan countryside and wine.
- Rags to Reverie: Sarah Mower's Fashion Illustrations for Vogue China and Vogue Nippon
- Retro Chick: A very modern vintage manicure
- Shoe Daydreams: Where do you draw the line with knocks-offs... what about when a blogger favorite retailer is doing it?
- Shoeper Woman: Why does no one dress up any more?
- Style Eyes: How to jump right out of a style rut - some ideas on how to look and feel great
- Sweet Fancy Treat: Kristen McMenamy. Collages & trivia about a timeless fashion icon!
- The Demoiselles: What would you sacrifice for a more "fashion-friendly" body?
- The Simply Luxorious Life: A dream of a shopping list for the fall fashions - staples that will enhance any woman's wardrobe.